How soon can you get me moving?
Our technician will reach you as soon as possible and have you up & running as quickly as possible. The time might vary during busy periods and during weekends and public holidays.
Will any battery fit my car?
No, different cars require different size batteries depending on model and engine specification. Our technicians ensure your car is fitted with the correct description to fulfill your car’s optimum needs.
What kind of car batteries do you have?
We carry the best brands available in the market. For i.e. Ac Delco, Duracell, Bekon, Hankook, Amaron, Exide, Varta e.t.c
What is your Car Battery Warranty Policy?
Different brands have different warranties as per dealers discretion. Ac delco, Hankook and Bekon have 12 months warranty. Duracell has 14 months warranty. Amaron has 18 months warranty.
What is the price of my car battery?
Price for your car battery can be obtained on the phone from our customer service agents and vary from car to car. All battery prices include transportation, testing and installation charges. Prices can be also obtained through sms on 050-518-9382 or 050-495-8509. You could also use Whatsapp at 050-360-5239.
Do you accept credit cards?
Yes, we accept cash and credit cards.
Why should I get my car battery fixed at battmobile and not at a Dealer?
Although auto dealers may have more repair bays and bigger waiting rooms, We consistently beats dealers by offering its customers better prices, and quickest service in the most convenient and personalized way. We treat all our customers with utmost respect and honor all warranties as promised.
What is a battery?
A battery is a device that stores electrical energy for later use. As chemicals in the battery change, electrical energy is stored or released. Batteries are not 100% efficient, some energy is lost as heat and chemical reactions when charging or recharging. Typical efficiency in a lead acid battery is 85 – 95%. In Alkaline and NICAD battery it is about 65%.
How long will my car battery last?
The lifespan of any battery will vary considerably with how it is used, maintained and charged. Extreme temperatures also affect the output of the battery.
What is a CCA rating?
The Cold Cranking Ampere (CCA) rating refers to the number of amperes a battery can support for 30 seconds at a temperature of 0°F until the battery volt drops to 1.20 volts per cell, or 7.20 volts for a 12 volt battery.
What is amp Hour (Ah) Rating?
An amp Hour means one AMP for one hour. It is amps X hours. If you have something that pulls 20 amps, and you use it for 20 minutes, then the amp hours used would be 20 (amps) X 20/60 (hours) or 6.67 Ah.
Do batteries self-discharge when not in use?
All batteries regardless of their chemistry self-discharge. The rate of this depends both on the type of battery and the storage temperature the batteries are exposed to.
How do I know when it is time to replace the battery in my car?
There may be little or no warning, however, if any of the following happens, your battery should be replaced immediately:
* Car has difficulty cranking over.
* Battery indicator light on the instrument panel stays lit for extended periods after starting.
* Headlights dim when the engine is idling.
* Clock starts to loose time after the vehicle sits unused for several days.
How do I maintain my battery?.
We recommend the following to increase the battery life:
* Don’t leave lights or accessories on.
* Drive your vehicle regularly to prevent it from losing its state of charge.
* Try to take a steady one hour drive each week.
* Keep your battery case clean. Battery terminals should be cleaned with a brush if necessary.
* Inspect the battery terminals regularly to ensure they haven’t loosened during driving vibration.
* Have your engine serviced regularly as poor engine condition can overload the battery.
How do I dispose of an old car battery?
93% of old car batteries can be recycled. To safely dispose of your battery return it to the place of purchase or if you have a battery fitted by us then let our technicians take it away for safe disposal.
Car Battery Safety Tips
Metallic objects should not be placed on top of the battery
Keep flames or sparks away from the battery at all times
Never add acid to cells and keep acid away from eyes, skin, clothing or any other material which may become damaged. If contamination occurs, use large amounts of water to neutralize and flush acid away
Batteries should always be installed by a qualified professional.
If you look after your battery, your battery will look after you. Here are our top 7 pitfalls to be wary of:
* You should avoid parking your vehicle in direct sunlight for prolonged periods – especially during the hotter months, as this drains your battery
* Be careful of too many stop-start or short journeys – they don’t allow your car’s battery to recharge properly
* When starting your car, does the engine seem slower than usual in turning over?
If the engine indicator light comes on when you start your car, its time to have your battery looked at
* Have you noticed your headlights dimming slightly when you start your car in the evenings? If so, it could be your battery
* You should have your engine serviced regularly. Not doing so can overload the battery and reduce its lifespan
* Keep your battery clean – making sure the case and terminals are corrosion free and cleaned during every service
About your car battery:
Your car battery stores electricity that is released to start your vehicles engine. Once the engine is started, your car’s battery is recharged by the engine-driven charging system or alternator.
Corrosion at the battery terminals can prevent a car from starting by adding electrical resistance, so it is important to clean the terminals periodically using water and a wire brush, ensure you wear the correct protective gear (gloves and eye protection) as the white powder (lead sulphate) is toxic if inhaled, ingested or contacts the skin.
Most of us have had the experience of a flat battery. In some cases it’s through neglect when lights have been left on, but sometimes it’s simply a case of the battery having served out its useful life.
In either case, for all battery-related breakdowns A&F Automotive is available 24/7, 365 days to help stranded motorists by not only starting the vehicle, but making sure that if a new battery is needed, you get the right battery for your car at the right price, thus saving you the time and stress.
We stand by the quality of our car batteries, knowing that they are built to exacting standards and tested stringently to ensure our customers get the best quality batteries for their cars. This is why we offer a warranty for each battery in our range.